AME Tips & Tricks: Why can’t I see the Dashboard?
In December following delivery of our Oracle AME (Approvals Management Engine) our Consultant wrote the following news item. We've have numerous requests for AME training and consultancy since and welcome and additional queries you may have, contact Louise Findlay email@example.com . Meanwhile we hope the following, regards disappearing dashboards is of help to you.
Another AME course successfully delivered but once again delegates start of bemused that although have given themselves the appropriate AME responsibilities they are unable to see the dashboards or any other functionality associated with the responsibilities.
Well I had one word for them “RBAC” well actually four words Role Based Access Control.
This is new functionality in R12 it allows us another level of security in managing what our users can do within Oracle eBusiness , but it also means that to enable some functionality we cannot just assign responsibilities we must perform some other setup.
• Login as Administrator (APPSADMIN or SYSADMIN)
• Create a new user with no responsibilities
N.B. a user with sysadmin responsibility will not suffice you must login as the Sysadmin user.
• Choose User Management responsibility
• Select Users page
• Find user you have just created and click Update
• Select Assign Roles and search for Role starting with Approval%
• Add all these roles to the user
• Fill out Justification for each role and save.
• After assigning the roles, you need to grant your user access to the AME transaction types (data)
• Switch to Functional Administrator responsibility
• Select Create Grant
• Create a grant for the specific user you created on object “AME transaction types”
• Grant for “All Rows”
• Choose Application Set = AME Calling Applications
• Proceed to last page and select Finish
The responsibility ‘Approvals Management Business Analyst’ is assigned along with the required roles, viewable in the Indirect Responsibilities tab of the Define Users form.
You now will have Access to the Business Analyst Dashboard!
To learn how to use the AME dasboard and all AME's functioanlity check our courses out